In addition to the blacks and browns, plum and raisin are two rich shades that go well with the Asian skin. If you are looking to create more depth to your eyes, then apply the darker shadow as a line just above the upper eye lid and then blend into the lighter shade over the main area of the lid. How to apply eye makeup for Asian skin can best be learnt from illustrations as you can know exactly the outcome of the makeup.
Here are a few tips for applying Asian makeup.
1. When applying makeup for Asians, do not forget that there are numerous options available to you. A combination of eyeliner pencil, liquid eyeliner and shadow will provide your eyes with the greatest degree of definition. If you are in possession of all of these cosmetics, it is advisable to make the most of them.
2. Eye makeup for Asians does not have to remain conventional; black and brown makeup is available in an assortment of shades. This includes makeup of the color of espresso as well as glittery makeup which make the eyes shimmer.
3. Dramatic makeup for Asians need not always be dark in color. Asian eyes stand out with shades of plum and raisin.
4. To give your eyes more depth, graduate your makeup from the eyelash line all the way up to the eyebrow. The darkest shade, to be used along the eyelash line, should be merged into lighter shades of color which are to be used near to the eyebrow.
5. Different eye shapes can be created with the use of Asian makeup. Dark colored eye makeup can be used to minimize the shape of the eyes while lighter colors can be used to make the eyes appear much larger.
6. With regards to color accents, Asian eyes are very versatile. Brown eyes can be complimented with light pink, gold and rust colored shades of Asian makeup.
How to Apply Eye Makeup – Eye Shadow
Always make sure that you decide how many eye shadow colours and shades you are using in advance. There is a danger in just winging it and seeing how it looks when you do it as too many colours or badly chosen colours will ruin the whole look. Choose your primary colour first, as this is what you will base all the others around and is the most important choice of them all – then make sure you apply the primary colour to the whole of your eyelid for greater effect. Finally, to complete the look, apply the lighter colour eye shadow above the primary colour and below your eyebrows.
Let us take a look at how to apply eye makeup for black women. Use a neutral shade of eye base to cover the entire lid area so that the eye shadow powder is held in place. Then apply a line of dark shadow just above the upper lid and the lighter shade over the lid area and under the brows. Blend the shades well into each other; for a little more drama for an evening out, you can add a sprinkle of shimmer or sparkle just below the brow which works extremely well for those with dark skin.
A mascara without added fibres is normally sufficient, if applied correctly to make eye lashes look long and lustrous. There are three different forms of mascara – water-based, water-proof and the mixed variety. It is important that mascara is used on an individual only to avoid transferring eye infections and if it causes even the slightest irritation in the eye, it must be immediately discarded. While removing the mascara from eyes always avoid the colour from going onto the delicate area below the bottom lashes and close your eyes.
Read more on Lakme Beauty Products and Shahnaz Hussain Beauty Cosmetics and Beauty Tips