A dancerâs makeup does look more professional with false lashes because they accentuate the shape of the eye and make the eyes look bigger providing that you donât go too big with the lashes. I have seen way too many caterpillar lashes being used for dancerâs makeup. The audience does not need to be able to count your upper lashes! We just need to know you have eyes.
This is my simplified version of “how to properly apply lashes” for your dancerâs makeup look.
1) Loosen the lashes from the container by peeling them off gently with tweezers.
2) If using a full band of lashes, PLEASE trim or they will be quite uncomfortable to wear. Your dancerâs makeup kit is completed by making sure you carry at least 2 pairs of lashes with you at all times for performancesâ¦just in case!
3) Drop a little puddle of eyelash glue on a corner of the opened lash container.
4) Recap the glue.
5) Dip the capped glue top into the little glue puddle and draw a thin line on the eyelash band.
6) Wait 30 – 40 seconds for the glue to get a little bit sticky.
7) Line up the end of the lashes with the last natural lashes on the outside corner of the eye.
8) Apply false eyelashes to lash line.
9) Hold in place pressing the lashes in and up.
10) Use black, water-resistant mascara to coat and bind your natural lashes to your new false ones.
Follow these simple steps and you will have beautiful lashes every time! And please help those in need and pass this information on…you know who they are! A dancerâs makeup look does not need to look clown-ish, garish, or harsh. A dancers makeup look shows off big, beautiful eyes, radiant and healthy skin and a gorgeous smile. A dancerâs makeup look that is polished and professional gives the dancer confidence to go on stage and dance her little heart out.
Jessica Dupont is a former Professional NYC Dancer and Makeup Artist. She owns JAM cosmetics, which is a line of ULTIMATE http://tinyurl.com/3ay3ven”;>makeup for dance and cheer. Find out 4 secrets the pro’s use AND 3 things you NEED TO KNOW to look gorgeous and stand out from the crowd, by getting Jessica’s free http://tinyurl.com/2deqpne”;>dance makeup e-Guide at http://tinyurl.com/38awjkp”;>www.JAMcosmetics.net.