For those of you who have never tried mineral makeup, the application can be a little tricky at first. But once you get the hang of it, it becomes a quick and easy way to get a finished look. There are a few tricks of the trade that you will want to keep in mind.
* First, use a clean foundation makeup sponge or makeup brush for each application. Dirty brushes can irritate your skin. After applying your mineral makeup, wash your makeup sponge or brush daily. This way, you will be sure to remove any bacteria that has been left by your skin.
* Before you begin, you may want to set out a paper towel or cloth. One of the downsides of mineral makeup is that it can be a bit messy. By preparing ahead of time, you can avoid some clean up later. After all, mineral makeup is supposed to make life easier for you!
* Shake a little bit of the mineral foumdation out into the cap. You will be surprised at how little you need to apply for good coverage. The most common mistake in the beginning is to use too much. You can always apply more if you need it, but you will have to wash your face and start from scratch if you use too much. Remember: Less is More with mineral makeup!!
* Apply foundation with side of brush using soft tapping and swirling motions. Never apply mineral foundation with top of brush bristles always use side of brush.
* Remove all excess mineral powder by tapping brush onto your vanity jar side.
* Apply with a light-hand. Again, too much powder will cause your skin to look aged since the foundation is likely to settle into your lines and pores.
* After you apply a minimal amount of mineral foundation powder, look at your results in the mirror. If you feel your face needs more coverage, then you can apply another thin layer.
* Proceed with the remainder of your makeup routine.
Hopefully with these easy tricks, you will be applying mineral makeup like a pro in no time.