In the modern rough real estate market, you are required to try your best to sweeten the deal for the potential buyer if you want your home to be sold quickly. Undoubtedly, it is much easier to sell fully renovated houses than those in less than stellar condition. However, there are measures for even the most dilapidated homes to approach those looking to buy. How? Just follow these handy tips and you’ll be well on your way to your goal: to sell your home fast.
1) Start with the outside of your home and work your way in. As they say, first impressions are lasting ones, so being that your home’s exterior is the first thing they see, it’s going to be one of the main images they recall when they are back at home weighing out the decision to purchase or not. So play up the landscaping. Make sure the walkway is trimmed and clear of any overgrown shrubs or brush. Trees and brushes should be neat and trim and the grass should be green and nourished. Sweep the driveway, fix any chipped paint, broken shingles, etc. Wash your windows. If you have a porch, you should make sure it’s presentable and clear of any clutter or junk. Garbage cans should be out of site.
2) If you’re going to be showing the home while you’re still living in it, you’ll have a lot to do on the inside. Make sure your entry hallway is clear of any shoes and clothing. Making the entry way or hallway clear and presentable is always smart, as it is the first thing the person will see when then walk in–another important first impression. Also, lighting is very important. The brighter the better. If you have ample natural light, draw back the blinds or curtains.
3) As far as the rooms go, it’s great to create a sort of harmonious lifestyle among each of the rooms. Each space should be clearly defined with a clear function. Don’t keep them cluttered, but at the same time, don’t leave them too empty, as it may appear to be uninviting and sparse.
4) The kitchen tends to be the focal point of many homes, and one of the main things a buyer looks at. If you’re appliances are old, and you don’t want to spend the money to replace them, you should look into some sort of home warranty insurance. By adding this to the list of perks, a prospective buyer will have more peace of mind when deciding to make a purchase of a home with questionable appliances. There are also small things you can do like changing the light fixtures, painting dark, old cabinets a lighter, more modern cupboard. You can also replace cabinet knobs and handles with something more stylish and modern looking.
5) All in all, the place should be clean and organized. Many people are looking to buy a place that is bigger than their old place, and when you have a lot of belongings it can looked cluttered and small. Either get rid of some stuff, or organize it in a way so it doesn’t appear cluttered and disorganized.
Homelink Homes LLC is the ultimate resource for your pressing real estate questions. Come to us for any short sale help if you’re looking to sell your home fast.